DevOps consulting can play a vital role in empowering organizations by helping them move faster and further. It’s not just about adopting new tools or technologies, but instead about aligning business goals with technology strategy so that you can deliver a better customer experience, which improves your market performance. DevOps consulting helps businesses optimize their organizational structure and processes to achieve continuous improvement of their products, services, and technology.
DevOps consulting and its role in empowering organizations
The term “DevOps consulting” refers to a wide range of activities that help organizations improve their software development and deployment processes. These activities may include:
- Crafting a strategy for implementing DevOps practices within an organization (including defining the scope of change, identifying stakeholders, planning budgets and schedules)
- Helping teams implement new tools or processes in order to support their goals
- Training employees on how best to use those tools or processes
The foundation of DevOps consulting
DevOps is a mindset, not a tool. AWS defines DevOps as
DevOps is the combination of cultural philosophies, practices, and tools that increases an organization’s ability to deliver applications and services at high velocity: evolving and improving products at a faster pace than organizations using traditional software development and infrastructure management processes. This speed enables organizations to better serve their customers and compete more effectively in the market.
DevOps consulting is about empowering organizations to succeed by helping them improve their software delivery processes, making the process more efficient and ensuring it meets customers’ needs.
This means that the foundation of a devops consulting company is understanding how you can help your clients succeed through improved collaboration between development and operations teams. A key component of this collaborative effort involves automating as many processes as possible so that the company eliminates manual tasks or at least reduces the frequency of manual operations so that everyone can focus on what they do best: deliver value!
The benefits of DevOps consulting excellence
DevOps consulting excellence is the key to unlocking the potential of your organization. If you have a DevOps problem, we can help.
- Reduce time-to-market: A DevOps consulting firm helps you eliminate bottlenecks and improve communication between teams so that the company can deliver new features faster and with fewer bugs.
- Increase revenue: We’ll make sure that your products are easier to sell by ensuring they meet customer expectations in terms of usability, performance and reliability.
- Improve customer satisfaction: Customers want to be able to access what they buy from any device at any time; if this isn’t possible due to poor performance or frequent outages caused by technical issues then it will negatively impact their perception of how good the product was (or wasn’t). We ensure that whatever functionality the company offers through digital channels works well across different devices so customers enjoy positive experiences when using them – even if those devices aren’t made by yours!
Maximizing product quality and reliability
When you hear the term “DevOps,” you might think of it as a set of tools or processes that can help your team achieve better collaboration, communication and automation. While these are all important aspects of DevOps, there’s one thing that stands above all others: quality and reliability.
In order to deliver high-quality software at scale, you need an organization that values quality and reliability. If this isn’t already part of your company culture and if it isn’t something you actively work on every day then it’s time to start changing things up!
We’ve outlined five key areas where organizations can begin improving their approach toward software development so they can maximize product quality and reliability:
Nurturing a culture of collaboration and innovation
Empowering organizations is all about fostering teamwork. Features of empowered organizations are:
- fewer levels of bureaucracy, hence flatter organizations
- empowered organizations encourage employees to actively participate in decisions and implementation
- the organizations encourage learning by the organization and mastery of new skills by employees rather than climbing the hierarchy
- leaders act like cheerleaders and coaches to remove obstacles that threaten the success of projects and people rather than directing them
- unrestricted flow of ideas and information at all levels of the organization
- feature a trust-based work environment where workers can expand their roles and work flexible hours, within reason
- encourage employees to take risks, make mistakes (the only mistake is not learning from something that didn’t work out), and work independently
- workers solve their own problems rather than have fixes handed down by managers
- managers focus on keeping the train moving in a direction rather than micro-managing
- employees are responsible and accountable for their results
There’s a great case study of an organization that transformed itself into an empowered organization in the book, In Search of Excellence. The case involves Johnsonville Sausage, a family-owned business run by Ralph Stayer. The story goes that he woke up one morning believing that the way his business was run was morally wrong. He walked in to join other empowered organizations by turning over management to his staff. Employees received significant compensation based on the company’s performance, solved problems they encountered, and even headed up divisions based on their ideas, such as the direct sales arm. No one got a raise but got a pay bump for every new skill they mastered. Employees were given time off to learn anything and contribute to their communities. Sales grew at a rapid rate after the change.
The key to unlocking the potential of your team is fostering a culture of collaboration and innovation. In DevOps environments, collaboration between teams is critical to success because developers, operations professionals and product managers must work together toward common goals in order to deliver better software faster.
In addition to creating a collaborative environment within your organization, DevOps consulting can also help you create this culture by providing tools that facilitate communication across teams (including dashboards), training sessions on how these tools work together and best practices for working with them effectively.
We hope that this article has helped you understand the importance of DevOps consulting and its role in empowering organizations. DevOps is a powerful tool that can be used to improve productivity, quality, and reliability while also encouraging collaboration and innovation among teams. As you begin to implement these ideas in your own organization, keep in mind that there are many ways to get started from hiring an expert or starting small with just one department at first.
Need marketing help to support business growth?
We welcome the opportunity to show you how we can make your marketing SIZZLE with our data-driven, results-oriented marketing strategies. Sign up for our FREE newsletter, get our FREE guide to creating an awesome website, or contact us for more information on hiring us.
Hausman and Associates, the publisher of MKT Maven, is a full-service marketing agency operating at the intersection of marketing and digital media. Check out our full range of services.