The Italian market is one of the most lucrative markets in the world. It has a population of 60 million people, most of whom speak some form of Italian. This makes it an attractive opportunity for businesses looking to expand their reach into new markets. In this guide, we’ll walk through some strategies to help your business break into the Italian market with video translation services.
The Italian market: a lucrative opportunity
If you’re a business owner looking to expand your global reach, Italy is an excellent place to start. Italian is the official language of Italy and one of the most widely spoken languages in Europe. According to estimates, between 63 and 80 million people speak Italian worldwide, which continues to grow as more immigrants from other countries enter Italy’s borders.
The country itself boasts an economy worth USD 2.9 trillion (as of 2022, according to the International Monetary Fund) that’s growing at .7% per year, making it one of the world’s largest economies with a GDP per capita at USD 54,260 (as of 2022). It also has strong social ties with many other nations around Europe and beyond, for example:
- Germany is one of Italy’s largest trading partners; together these two countries account for 40%+ trade between them each year!
- France also maintains close ties with its neighbor across the Alps, which has led many French companies over time to have operations based here, too, such as LVMH & Michelin Tires. These are just two examples out there today, but there are many more out there too.
Tailoring content for cultural relevance
The Italian culture is very different from American culture. The Italian culture is also different from British, French, German, and Indian cultures.
In business-to-business communications, it is important to understand these differences as they can affect the way you communicate with your audience in Italy or any other global market.
To understand Italian culture, it is important to know a little bit about its history. The first thing that comes to mind when people think of Italy is the Roman Empire and their art and architecture.
Italy has a rich history and culture. The country is home to many art museums, historical sites, and galleries. It is also famous for its cuisine and fashion industry.
Implementing effective communication in a diverse cultural landscape like Italy requires careful consideration.
Using a tool like an italian to english voice translator can help you communicate better with the Italian audience.
Implementation strategies for success
To ensure the success of your translation project, it is important to set clear goals and expectations. This can be done by defining success metrics and assigning a specific value to each one. For example:
- A business goal might be to “increase customer satisfaction by 20%.” The corresponding success metric would be “the average score given by our customers on the customer satisfaction survey has increased from 4.3 out of 5 to 4.7 out of 5.” In this case, if we reach our target score after implementing changes based on feedback from our translators, we can say that our project was successful in achieving its objective (increasing customer satisfaction).
- Project management tools like Trello or JIRA are excellent ways for managing large teams that may work remotely; they allow you to assign tasks easily without having any one person become overwhelmed with responsibilities or forget what needs doing next!
Measuring success and iterating
As you’ve probably learned, there are many ways to measure the success of your video translation. The most common metrics include:
- Reach the number of people who have seen or heard your translated content
- Engagement how much time they spend watching or listening to it, and whether they share it with others
- Conversion if there’s an action or interaction you want from viewers (e.g., signing up for a newsletter)
So, then you can measure how many people took that action. If your goal is brand awareness and recognition, then it’s important to look at metrics like reach and engagement over time. It may take a while for people to recognize your brand or product name in another language, so keep an eye on trends over the long term.
We hope that this guide has given you a better understanding of how to enter the Italian market and make it profitable for your business. While there are many challenges ahead, we believe that with proper planning, research, and testing you can overcome them and find success in Italy!
Need marketing help to support business growth?
We welcome the opportunity to show you how we can make your marketing SIZZLE with our data-driven, results-oriented marketing strategies. Sign up for our FREE newsletter, get our FREE guide to creating an awesome website, or contact us for more information on hiring us.
Hausman and Associates, the publisher of MKT Maven, is a full-service marketing agency operating at the intersection of marketing and digital media. Check out our full range of services.