Every interaction contributes to the personal brand you create — enhancing your brand or detracting from it. Some interactions don’t contribute positively or negatively to your personal brand, rather providing more information about what your brand stands for. Are you fun? Are you intelligent or witty? Are you cool? Are you sophisticated or down to earth?
This week a questions about how a picture contributes to your personal brand was the topic of this week’s Ask a Marketing Expert? Here’s a transcript of that discussion (please read more about Ask a Marketing Expert below the transcript).
Do Profile Pictures Contribute to Your Personal Brand?
Dan Wan: Angela, is it really important to brand myself using my picture as a network marketer?
Ask a Marketing Expert?
I run Ask a Marketing Expert every Friday (except holidays) from the EVENTS tab on our Fanpage wall — Marketing That Works.TV. The way it works is simple:
- Folks post their questions on the wall for Ask a Marketing Expert anytime just as they would any post. Ask anything about marketing, but the more specific your question, the better help you’ll get.
- Everyone is welcome to be an expert — just pop in between 12 – 3 (EST) on Friday to see what questions people ask. If there aren’t any questions when you stop by, stop by later, if you get a chance — sometimes Ask a Marketing Expert starts a little slow.
- Answers should be in the comment field beneath the question.
- I encourage a dialogue as part of Ask a Marketing Expert — so you’re welcome to offer a different answer from one already entered.
- There aren’t any rules — except everyone needs to be civil — I don’t allow personal attacks. If you disagree with someone, just state your case, don’t criticize someone else’s answer.