Our topic this week is Why You Need A Blog. Earlier, I posted a strong argument for your blog as the cornerstone of your social media marketing strategy. Today, I’d like to show you how you can use a blog as an e-commerce site — making it easy to set up and easy to link a content-rich blog that drives traffic to your online store.
Create an e-Blog
Basically, an e-Blog looks almost identical to a website — with the added benefit that you can set it up without a developer or with minimal developer support.
That makes an e-blog a very affordable option for small businesses. You can also create a website that builds an online community around your brand to support your physical store — an e-commerce site.
Here’s a sample e-blog
Here are some resources for creating an e-commerce site:
- Here’s one on creating an e-blog
- If you want some simple directions for creating a commercial website you can go here. However, once we’ve finished setting up the new blog here, I’ll be giving step-by-step directions for creating an e-commerce site.
- Credit options
Why You Should Create an e-commerce website
As an online e-tailer or just a small business that needs a web presence, an e-blog is a great option. After all, having a website is as necessary for your business now as having a telephone. Earlier, I showed that an e-commerce site set up on WordPress can look exactly the same as a static website. Here are some reasons why you should consider an e-commerce website versus a static website: *****Don’t worry if you don’t understand everything listed here. We’ll be learning about all of these things shortly *****
- It’s really simple and very inexpensive.
- It’s fast.
- It’s very SEO friendly
- It’s easily updated and much of the heavy lifting is done through updated versions of the theme and plugins.
- It’s compartmentalized via widgets and plugins which makes an e-blog very customizable and flexible.
- It can grow with your business
- You can build relationships more easily
- It integrates more seamlessly with your Social Media Marketing efforts through Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn share buttons
We welcome the opportunity to show you how we can make your marketing SIZZLE with our data-driven, results-oriented marketing strategies. Sign up for our FREE newsletter, get the 1st chapter of our book on digital marketing analytics – FREE, or contact us for more information on hiring us.
Hausman and Associates, the publisher of Hausman Marketing Letter, is a full-service marketing agency operating at the intersection of marketing and digital media.