8 ways to create a more effective content marketing campaign
Developing an effective content marketing campaign involves planning, monitoring, and optimizing your content marketing on an ongoing basis. Here are 8 tips toward building a more effective content marketing campaign.
1. Identify your target audience
2. Define your goals & mission statement
- Specific — ie. increase visits by 20%
- Achievable — create goals that challenge your business but not ones that are so far beyond your ability that you’ll never achieve them
- Relevant — they match your mission and fit with the overarching goals set for the business as a whole
- Time-bound — always set a time frame for goals, such as 12 months
One caveat here. Ensure you set terminal goals, such as increased sales, as well as goals associated with the activity necessary to achieve terminal goals, such as increased visits to the website or improved CTR (click-through rate).
3. Craft a content marketing strategy
Part of your content strategy (preferably completed prior to setting goals) involves researching your external environment; your competitors, the legal/political environment, the cultural environment, the economic environment, and the technological environment.
The remainder of your content marketing strategy (again, researched before establishing goals), involves a critical assessment of your internal capabilities and weaknesses.
4. Set KPIs
5. Prioritize Using Authoritative Resources
6. Know your competition
7. Stay original
8. Develop a content schedule
9. Audit outcomes with these tools
Need marketing help or more digital marketing tips?
We welcome the opportunity to show you how we can make your marketing SIZZLE with our data-driven, results-oriented marketing strategies. Sign up for our FREE newsletter, get the 1st chapter of our book on digital marketing analytics – FREE, or contact us for more information on hiring us.
Hausman and Associates, the publisher of MKT Maven, is a full-service marketing agency operating at the intersection of marketing and digital media. Check out our full range of services.