No one who has an online business can expect to get by without learning something about content marketing strategy. While online entrepreneurs know they need to use content to help market their website, and by extension their product/service, few actually have a plan. A startling number of people have simply written web copy and hope it’s good enough. The results of this type of content marketing strategy will be mixed.
If you’ve been struggling to keep your online business up and running, you will have to take content marketing more seriously. You need to sit down and start creating a plan. A good plan can turn a web-based business that’s barely surviving into an overnight success.
Content marketing strategy: back to the basics
When it comes to revamping your content marketing strategy, you may need to take all the work you’ve done so far and throw it out the window. Starting from scratch means all the bits and pieces will flow together to create stellar content.
Marketing experts recommend you sit down and making a list of goals to determine what aspects of content marketing strategy will work and what things aren’t well suited to your particular needs.
Business goals for your content marketing strategy include:
- Lead generation – as an online entrepreneur, you know you need to develop new contacts and customers if you want to see your profits improve, this means generating new leads. Different types of businesses have different techniques for developing this leads, but everyone agrees that content plays a big role in the process. Creating compelling blog posts, having engaging web copy, and posting articles on web sites that ultimately go viral play can
generate lots of new leads. Provided, you’ve created high quality content.
- Establishing customer loyalty – most businesses agree this is the most challenging of content marketing. Once customers are loyal to your brand, they will come to you, over and over again, and make purchases. The content you produce can go a long way towards helping you develop customer loyalty. You need to create content that shows you’re an expert in your field, gives readers the impression you’re honest and ethical, and that gives them the same
sense of being special and appreciated they would get if they were shopping at a local Mom and Pop establishment in their home town. You need to back up the content by having an excellent customer service program
- Encouraging sales – the bottom line is that your content needs to create an environment where your websites visitors want to make purchases. The best way to create this environment is creating content that’s accurate, interesting, and works as part of an attraction marketing concept.
An increasing number of online businesses have also started to include increasing their subscription numbers.
In addition to the end goals listed above, intermediate goals include:
- More web traffic-when your content marketing program works, a few things will happen. Your search engine ranking will steadily increase, making it easier for the casual internet user to find your website, which increases traffic. Creating outstanding, lead generating articles and guest posts for blogs, and even writing a couple of eBooks will also trigger a significant amount of traffic to your website. Best of all, this traffic will be made up of your target market.
- Fewer customer complaints – customer satisfaction tends to be one of the benefits from a strong content marketing program that many people don’t anticipate. It’s really quite simple. When you have clear, concise content, your customers will know exactly what to expect when they place an order. They have less reason to be upset after the final sale.
- A decrease in operating expenses – a good content marketing program takes the place of other, more costly forms of advertising, triggering a dramatic decrease in the amount of money you spend each month. Just be careful. You don’t want to become so obsessed with the idea of lowering your operating expense that you don’t hire a properly qualified SEO operator who provides poor Article Writing Services. When it comes to content creation, you get what you pay for, so make sure you focus more on quality than you do on price.
Know your target market
The biggest mistake many companies make is they try to market to everyone. While this does get their name out in the world, and puts them in contact with lots of people, and often leads to an increase in web traffic, it seldom generates the number of sales they hope for, and ends up costing lots of money.
All good SEO Copywriting Services know that the key to a successful content marketing plan is creating target specific content. This includes:
- Using keywords and phrases commonly associated with your particular industry
- Posting articles to directories frequently used by members of the target market
- Making sure the content will appeal to the target market
- Connecting to the members of your target market through social networking sites
- Addressing current trends and subjects involving your industry
Pay attention to search engines
Over the last year, a number of webmasters detected serious losses due to Google’s Penguin program. The content they’d created and tactics they’d used for several years was penalized – sometimes very heavily. Many of these webmasters are trying to recover, some never will. Looking back it’s easy to see Google gave them plenty of warning, but few bothered to listen. Paying attention to the search engines and taking heed when they warn they’re updating their system, requires you take a good hard look at your current web copy and make sure you’ve only used white hat SEO and that content quality remains strong. Article Writing Services have done an excellent job altering the way they previously handled writing, turning in page after page of content that works perfectly for today’s market.
Don’t be afraid to make mistakes
No matter how careful you are, you’re going to make the occasional misstep. The good news is that even if the mistake earns you a penalty point, it’s not the end of the world. You simply have to learn from the mistake and make sure you never do the same thing again. The faster you change your content marketing strategy, the sooner you’ll see your search engine ranking, and revenue, improve.
Once you have a plan and some clear goals, you’re going to find content marketing isn’t nearly as scary or difficult as you previously believed.
This is a guest post by Mark Long.
Mark Long loves content marketing and working with small businesses. He streamlined his Website SEO Copywriting Services to help small business compete with Fortune 500 companies. The content provided by his Cheap Online Article Writing Services is always the highest possible quality and personalized for each client.