A Guide to the Fastest Growing Social Media Network
With so many social media options, sometimes it’s a little confusing to determine what our company should be doing and why. So many companies today focus on Twitter and Facebook, that they ignore the other social media options. Many businesses can benefit by building brand interest with Pinterest as part of their social media campaign.
Pinning is a Growing Trend
Pinterest is one of the fastest growing social media networks in the world. This network allows users to “pin” videos and images to “boards” on their account. This allows users to share interesting, fun, and unique sites with friends through other social media accounts and on Pinterest itself. This is a powerful marketing tool for businesses to build brand interest with Pinterest. Since the site has 70 million users, it’s crucial that you understand how to use this in your marketing strategy.
Understanding the Language
Pinterest has its own set of phrases and words that you’ll need to understand and use.
- Pin –a video or image that has been added to Pinterest.
- Pinning –the actual act of sharing the pin on a person’s pinboard.
- Pinboard – the section of a user’s account where images are pinned. These are usually broken into themed categories.
- Pinner – someone who shares an image or video.
- Repin – reposting something someone else has already pinned.
- Pin It Button – a button that businesses can put on their site, allowing images from the site to be shared on pinterest.
In addition to these phrases, the site also uses many that you should already be familiar with. Users can comment on pins made by others. They can also like these pins using any device. You can even invite friends to pin on your boards to share other interesting facts that help build brand interest with Pinterest.
Integrating Pinterest in Your Social Media Campaign
First, you’ll need to create a business account. Once this has been created, you can get started. In just a few steps, you’ll start generating traffic.
- Create themed pinboards. Make sure that the themes are clearly marked. Consider interesting ways to use your products and use these as your pinboard themes.
- Start pinning. Pin your products or images from your site. When you pin your products, comment on them, to ensure that others know what it is you’re actually pinning and build brand interest with Pinterest.
- Add a Pin It button to your site. This allows others to pin directly from your pages.
- Get creative. Don’t only have pins of your products. Try to think of fun, creative 8 nn boards that can be tied back to your product or service. If you sell candles, consider also pinning great home decor ideas that include candles.
- Share your Pinterest account. You can share this on your website, Facebook and Twitter accounts, and anywhere else you’re marketing.
- Repin, comment, and be active. There’s no point to social media if you don’t plan to be social. Make sure that you’re commenting on others’ pins, pinning regularly, and overall being active on the site.
Using Pinterest helps you get traffic to your site, links, and overall will help improve your sales. Whether you’re using other social media accounts currently, or you’re just getting started Pinterest is a fun and interesting way to gear up your marketing campaign.
Mobile is Growing
As with all social networks, it’s imperative to carry Pinterest with you in your pocket. App for Pinterest is a simple way for BlackBerry 10 4G LTE phone users to stay in touch. It allows you to browse pins, view followers, see your own pins and more. The interface allows you to navigate through home, pings, search, likes, followers and profile tabs. It’s easy to move from one to the next. One of the coolest features is that you can easily pin images from the native browser as well. Just find the image, tap the overflow icon and choose Open in App for Pinterest.
With Pinterest set to become a fruitful place for marketing professionals and advertisers, it’s important to note that Pinterest may soon overtake email as the third most shared medium on the web! And according to data from the social bookmarking and tracking firm ShareThis, Pinterest users shared content via mobile three times as much as they did on desktop.
This is a guest post by Teddy Hunt
We’re here for you. Whether you need a complete social media marketing strategy or some consulting to optimize your existing social media marketing, we can fill your digital marketing funnel. We can help you do your own social media marketing better or do it for you with our community managers, strategists, and account executives. You can request a FREE introductory meeting or sign up for my email newsletter to learn more about social media marketing.