Understanding social media ROI (Return on Investment) is increasingly important as marketing managers need to both defend their social media marketing spend and employ ROI metrics to improve the success of their social media marketing programs.
Much is written on how to effectively assess ROI and how to use metrics to improve your ROI. So, today, I thought I’d provide a list of the 27 most influential resources I’ve found for assessing and maximizing your social media ROI.
Resources for Understanding Metrics and Improving ROI
1. Occam’s Razor -A Beginner’s Guide to Web Data Analysis - Avinash Kaushik
2. Hausman Marketing Letter – Google Analytics – Angela Hausman
3. Mashable – Measuring Social Media ROI – Erica Swallow
5. Social Media Today – Steps to Achieving Social Media ROI – Rachel Strella
6. ClickZ – Understanding the Importance of Social Media ROI - Nick Cifuentes
7. Social Media Explorer – 2011 Trending Topic: Social Media ROI – Nichole Kelly
8. Dragon Search – The Social Media Calculator – Rick Dragon
11. The Next Web – The Social Media ROI: It’s Not About Immediate Results – Sherilynn Macale
13. Mashable – Understanding the Social Media ROI Cycle – Jamie Turner
17. Danny Brown – How to REALLY Measure the ROI of Social Media – Eugene Farber
18. The Social Media Club – The 5-Step Social Media ROI Workout – Courtney Seiter
19. Forbes – Measuring the Social Media ROI – Sunil Senan
20. Read Write Web – Rest in Peace, Social Media ROI Doubts: 2006-2012 – Marshall Kirkpatrick
22. Social Media ROI – Slideshare
23. Measuring Social Media ROI – Infographic
24. Social Media ROI: Socialnomics – YouTube
Did I miss some of your favorites?
Do you have other resources to add?
Simply list them in the comments.